Thursday, June 16, 2011

HIStory: MJ fulfills his childhood dream

Michael Jackson in Charlie Chaplin photos
MJ,  as  Charlie Chaplin
(1979)

On June 16, 1988, Michael Jackson performed a concert at St. Jakob Stadium in Basel, Switzerland, which was attended by Bob Dylan and close friend Elizabeth Taylor. 

The following day, he paid a visit to Oona O’Neill Chaplin, the widow of Michael’s biggest idol, silent film legend Charlie Chaplin, who told Michael he and her late husband had a lot in common since they both rose to success and distinction from poverty.
Michael said after the meeting, “I have just fulfilled my biggest childhood dream.” 



MJ, with Charlie Chaplin model
This picture was taken when the Jackson 5 visited the UK in 1979.

1 comment:

  1. This shoot from 1979 is so cute and funny! I love Chaplin too, I watch his films with my little one and she laughs so hard!!

    ReplyDelete