Sunday, June 12, 2011

“I think he was an angel that was sent to us..."


I think he was an angel that was sent to us, and I think that we might have to reflect on how well we took care of him. People like to say ‘oh people around him were bad and they didn’t do right by him’ but I think it’s a collective too because I don’t know the last time and I can’t remember any other artist that attracted that much energy and projected that much power. That was that creative, and affected so many people … was such a diplomat for America and a champion for the American culture and African-American people, worldwide. You know, people wanted to move to America because of Michael Jackson, industry changed, music industry changed because of Michael Jackson, that’s a gift to us and you know, I’m concerned that the good Lord may not send another one because maybe we didn’t take good care of him. That’s just me.
The amazing thing, I was only meant to be on the film, the project for three days and it turned out to be like three and a half weeks,  almost a month of filming and the thing I took from it the most was watching Michael Jackson perform at performance level in his rehearsals. I said ‘wow that’s the consummate artist right there, that’s the pinnacle of where I would like to go and the kind of skills I would like to have as an artist that I can come and my rehearsals are performances, you know. So, I took that from him and that’s what I’ve been trying, to be consistent with in my work as well.”

--- Wesley Snipes
On the set of the music short film 'Bad'


To listen to Wesley Snipes' comments about Michael Jackson’s talent and work ethic : http://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/D-and-the-beautiful-sides-michael-jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment