Friday, April 22, 2011

I love the planet...



Michael Jackson, In His Own Words

“I respect the secrets and magic of nature, that’s why it makes me so angry when I see these things that are happening,  that every second, a forest the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. That kind of stuff really bothers me. 

That’s why I write these kinds of songs [Earth Song], you know... to give some sense of awareness and awakening and hope to people. I love the planet. I love trees. I have this thing for trees and the colours and changing of leaves... I love it! I respect those kinds of things.

I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man’s mismanagement of the planet. The planet is sick, like a fever. And if we don’t fix it now,  it’s at the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have, or it’s like a runaway train and the time has come, this is it. People are always saying, ‘Oh, they’ll take care of it, the government or they will...’ They? They who? It starts with us! It’s us or it will never be done.”


- Michael Jackson,
2009 "This Is It” documentary 




No comments:

Post a Comment