Monday, August 1, 2011

Wearing MJ : Björk

 


At the 2000 Golden Globe awards, Björk wore a dress with Michael Jackson's face - all in sequins! Why did she wear such a thing? "Because he's the king!" 
She also has been seen wearing another skirt like this, but in different colours.




In 2003, Björk did an In Camera interview at showstudio. One of the questions came from the King of pop himself!

Michael Jackson, Santa Barbara, California : 
"I have always loved and admired your creativity. Nature's struggle to survive alongside mankind has been an inspiration for me: given the natural beauty of your Icelandic homeland, how does nature inspire your work? "

Björk : 
"I hope this doesn't sound too naff, but being alone in nature, especially after walking for hours, just puts you in your place and you realise how small you are and how plenty of everything is all around you. Then you just let go and surrender, become part of it. I'm so chuffed you asked me a question! I have to say you're the best, keep fighting and it angers me how cruel everybody is to you. It's like in the US right now, it's illegal to be an eccentric. Maybe people would have been more understanding if you were a contemporary of Ludwig II of Bavaria, who comissioned Wagner and lived with the swans. I listen to Butterflies off your last album all the time. You are a true artist! Thanks for fighting and believing in magic even though the rest of the world have forgotten about it."


1 comment:

  1. Her words are so true! And do you notice how Michael asks exactly the question he likes to answer himself about nature and inspiration?

    I'd loooove to have a skirt like this!!!

    ReplyDelete